- 1 (2 ft long) loaf French bread
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 sm. Red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 sm. Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach defrosted and squeezed dry
- salt and pepper (to your taste)
- 1 c. grated parmesan
- 1 stick pepperoni, chopped
- 15-20 oz mozzarella, shredded
(Note: You can add, change or otherwise adjust the ingredients depending on what you have or what your family likes.)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Split bread lengthwise and hollow it out. Cut in half across, making 4 shells for pizzas. Place the shells on a cookie sheet and set aside.
Brown sausage in oil and then add bell pepper, onion and garlic. Cook 3-5 minutes. Add Spinach and remove from heat. Add Parmesan, pepperoni, salt and pepper. Fill shells and top with mounded mozzarella. Place in hot oven and bake until cheese melts and bubbles and bread is super crisp, about 10-12 minutes. Serve!